Tuesday, March 06, 2007














This is my first "proper" traditional style landscape. It was an experiment to see if I could use my techniques to tackle a well-used subject. I'm thinking of making some much larger pieces now as it's often easier for me to work big and this piece was fairly small for me- around A3 size. I don't know why I've never sewn any landscapes before as I live in a beautiful part of the countryside.
This was based on a photo I took from a boat on the River Dart in Dartmouth, Devon.
There are more images and info on this piece in my etsy store.

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Rachel!! xoxoxo

I added you to my links and will visit you often. Your latest batch of work is just gorgeous, really; you get better and better!

Rachel said...

Thank you Honey! I'll do the same- I'm still not sure how this thing works so I'm not sure if this a reply or not!